On our Direct Travel Policies, we will pay up to the amount shown in the table of benefits for additional kennel or cattery fees if your return journey to the United Kingdom is delayed by more than 24 hours due to a Natural Catastrophe.
This cover will only apply if you have purchased a Premier or a Premier Plus Policy.
Special conditions that apply to this cover:
- We will only pay costs which are not refundable from any other source.
- This insurance does not cover any expenses met by the airline under Regulation 261/2004.
- All additional expenses must be reasonable and necessary and incurred as a direct result of a natural catastrophe. For example, if you live near your departure point, we may deem additional accommodation unnecessary and unreasonable if you could easily return home.
- We may ask you to provide an official letter from your carrier confirming the cause and length of the delay.
- You must contact the Medical Emergency Assistance Company before making arrangements to return home under section X6 (Additional travel expenses to get you home).
Other brands - Please Refer to the specific Policy Wording for terms and conditions of other policies.